Now accepting registration
Thrive Tutoring Services is currently accepting students for our Small Group Tutoring program for the first semester of the 2018 – 2019 school year in the following subject areas:
Small group tutoring sessions are ideal for students who need a quieter learning environment and a smaller student to teacher ratio. These groups also work well for the home-school community, providing extra support in the subject areas that often become difficult to teach at home in the older grades.
Small Group Tutoring
Small group sessions can be made up of 2-4 students. To sign up for a small group session there must be at least two students in the same grade level and course. Students not in the same grade or course, or those at drastically different levels of understanding are not eligible for small group sessions.
Our small group sessions are designed to take groups of 2 – 4 students through an entire BC Ministry of Education approved course or curriculum requirements.
Each small group tutoring session runs for a 5 month semester, twice a week for two hours during the weeks in which school is regularly in session. We follow the School District #8 calendar and do not schedule sessions on stat holidays, during school breaks or on Pro-D days.
- 2 classes of 2 hours each per week in the Thrive learning centre
- Online materials provided by the distance education provider
- Additional learning resources provided by Thrive Tutoring to support the learner in mastering the subject matter.
- Weekly progress reports
- Google calendar with class and homework reminders
- Assigned homework and practice between classes
Small group tutoring fees
- $2000.00 per course
- Small group tutoring sessions must be booked for the full 5 month semester
- A $500.00 deposit must be paid by June 15, 3018 to reserve a spot for your student in the September 2018 to January 2019 small group tutoring sessions
- Deposits will be applied to the cost of the program
- Refunds for deposits will be made in full for students who are withdrawn two weeks prior to the start of the small group tutoring sessions
- Small group tutoring must be paid in full prior to the start of sessions, on or before August 31, 2018.
- Refunds for small group tutoring fees will be made in full for students who are withdrawn two weeks prior to the start of the small group tutoring sessions
- No refunds will be made for students withdrawn from the small group tutoring sessions any time after the two weeks prior to the start of the sessions
To learn more about our individual and small group tutoring services, please fill out the form below and we will respond in two business days.