In this new series of blog posts, I will be focusing on local resources that are available to help individuals and families in many ways.
Physical Health Support Services
Making sure everyone in your family is physically healthy can be difficult and complicated, but you don’t have to do it alone. There are many local organizations, resource centers, and databases that can connect you with the help you need to keep you and those you care for physically healthy.
There are not doctors or other individual medical practitioners on this list as I wanted to make sure that all the listings stay current. Therefore I instead chose to highlight organizations and websites that can connect families with the specific resources that they need.
The list of local resources below includes a short overview of the services offered as well as contact info and a link to their website.
Local Physical Health Support Services
- Name: Kootenay Family Place
- Name: BC Association of Speech/Language Pathologists & Audiologists
- Name: BC Doctors of Optometry
- Name: Kootenay Kids Society
- Name: Nelson Public Library Health, Medical & Wellness Database
- Services offered: a comprehensive list of regional, provincial, and national resources for families and individuals. (may need a library card to access)
- Website url: https://nelson.bc.libraries.coop/research/information-by-subject/health-medical-wellness/
- Contact info:
- Phone: 250-352-6333